FASHION FILM FESTIVAL MILANO 2021
Terms and conditions of the Contest of Fashion Film Festival Milano 2021
The present Contest is organized by Sofiamar S.r.l., VAT n. 08622530965, with registered office in Via Paleocapa 6, 20121 Milan, Italy, and the Fashion Film Festival Milano’s Organization.
1.1 The Contest is open to any natural person who has reached the age of majority according to the jurisdiction of his/her own Country of origin and to the Italian laws at the moment of the signature of the present form.
1.2 The Contest is also open to any legal person and to any Italian and international recognized organization.
1.3 The subjects involved in the arrangement and organization of Fashion Film Festival Milano are not allowed to participate to the Contest.
1.4 By submitting the application for participation through the form available at http://www.fffmilano.com/submission/, the participant agrees with the present Terms and conditions.
2.1 Entries to the Contest are allowed by April 12, 2021 until the midnight of September 12th 2021 (GMT+1).
3.1 The films in competition will be inspired by the following theme: FASHION.
4. How to enter
4.1 The participant shall fill in and submit the online form available at http://www.fffmilano.com/submission/ within September 12th 2021. After submitting the form, a confirmation email, which summarizes the data provided, will be sent at the email address provided during the registration. The participant will prove the safe receipt and acceptance of the mentioned email as specified in the same communication.
4.2 Every participant can compete with all the films he/she wants, without numerical limit.
4.3 The film may be made available within a freely accessible webspace or through a private link, providing the corresponding login credentials. The registration form may specify the URL where the film is available, in accordance to the nature of the web platform selected by the participant for the transmission of the same work. The file size of the film can not exceed 100 Mb and technical requirements are the following:
File format: Avi, Quicktime, Mpg4.
4.4 The participant must also provide at least three frames, in 1280×720 pxl format, for each film presented in the Contest.
4.5 The film and the frames under point 4.4 may be available in the selected platform for all the duration of the Contest until the announcement of all the winners of the same.
4.6 Sofiamar S.r.l. and the Fashion Film Festival Milano organization reserve the right to declare the registrations closed prematurely or postpone the relative deadline, by notice given through its own website available at www.fffmilano.com and www.fashionfilmfestivalmilano.com.
4.7 The registration requests which are not complete with all the mandatory information, the required documents and the material requested will not be considered and will be rejected immediately.
4.8 Moreover, the participant could provide further material, as described below (hereinafter the “Extra Content”), aimed at representing the stages of production of the film and allowing Sofiamar S.r.l. and the Fashion Film Festival Milano organization to ensure visibility to the film in any form or by any means:
– videos dedicated to the activities and phases of production of the submitted film (making of) and the extract of the same film made by the participant (director’s cut);
– extracts of the film that could be uploaded on Instagram with a maximum duration of 15 and/or 60 seconds (Instagram version).
5.1 The films in competition, properly received by Sofiamar S.r.l. and the Fashion Film Festival Milano organization, will be previously judged by the artistic committee of Fashion Film Festival Milano.
5.2 The participants, holders on all rights on the films which pass the preliminary selection, will receive an email at the address provided during the registration, within October 15h, 2021, requiring to grant the licenses necessary to the use of their own films, as they have been admitted to the following phase of the Contest, under penalty of exclusion from the thereof pursuant to point 4.7. The participants may grant an appropriate and independent license for each film admitted to the second selection of the Contest.
5.3 The selected films may be provided to Sofiamar S.r.l. and Fashion Film Festival Milano organization with characteristics suited to streaming, such as:
1. Quicktime – H.264 PAL / Size: 1920 x 1080 (or 1280 x 720 whether more compatible with the film);
2. Quicktime – Apple Pro Res PAL / Size: 1920 x 1080 (or 1280 x 720 whether more compatible with the film).
5.4 Only the participants who license and grant any use of their own films to Sofiamar S.r.l. and the Fashion Film Festival Milano organization, in accordance to the requested conditions and within November 19th 2021 will be admitted to the following phase of the Contest and their works could be projected during the Edition 2021 of the Fashion Film Festival Milano, which will be held from 13th to 16th of January 2021.
5.5 In the same following phase, the films in competition, suitable for streaming, which passed the preliminary selection of the artistic committee, whose rights holders granted the necessary licenses in favour of Sofiamar S.r.l. and Fashion Film Festival Milano organization, together with the relative frame, will take part to the following phase of the selection and could be projected during the Edition 2021 of the Fashion Film Festival Milano, which will be held from 13th to 16th of January 2021, prior consent of the relative right holders.
5.6 This selection phase will be composed of an evaluation by the commission appointed by the Fashion Film Festival Milano organization, which will end within October 1st 2021 and will award the prizes in the different categories, and an evaluation of the Internet users, to be made through a dedicated voting form available on the website available at www.fffmilano.com and www.fashionfilmfestivalmilano.com, which will be made only within the terms that will be indicated on the aforesaid website, in order to guarantee the right holders on the unpublished works involved in the Contest.
5.7 The winners selected by the commission will be announced during the closing event of Fashion Film Festival Milano on January 16th 2021. The possible variation of this date will be disclosed through the newsletter of Fashion Film Festival Milano (https://fashionfilmfestivalmilano.com/contacts/), its social media profiles (https://www.instagram.com/fashionfilmfestivalmilano/) and on the website www.fffmilano.com – www.fashionfilmfestivalmilano.com. The holder of all rights on the films selected by the appointed commission will be invited to participate to the closing event, even by electronic means, with personal invitations that will be sent within January 1st 2021 at the email addresses provided during registration. The award for best film for the Internet users will be delivered at the address to be agreed at the end of the Contest.
5.8 The participant, holder of the rights on the winner films, will receive awards of artistic nature.
5.9 The submission of the Extra Content, under point 4.8, is optional, although recommended, in order to ensure to the submitted films the best promotion and visibility.
6.1 The participant agrees that all his/her films in competition will be evaluated by the artistic committee and the appointed commission of Fashion Film Festival Milano and offers to their sole discretion the evaluation of their works.
6.2 During the selection, which will be concluded within October 1st 2021, the films in competition will be examined only by the artistic committee and the appointed committee of Fashion Film Festival Milano.
6.3 The participant states that:
– his/her films, frames and Extra Content do not violate laws and regulations and/or third-party rights;
– he/she has legitimately obtained all the rights to use the audio, video and photo contents of third parties, without territorial, temporal and technological limits;
– in case of portrayal of third parties, he/she has obtained any valid consent to the representation of the same third parties and to the use of their personal data, as well as the use of image rights and personal identity rights, in accordance to what established by the present Contest, and that he/she has made appropriate information about the relative processing of personal data.
6.4 Sofiamar S.r.l. and the Fashion Film Festival Milano organization disclaim any liability eventually coming from the use of the films. The participant is the one and only responsible for the contents of his/her own film, frames and Extra Content and for every violation of rights of third parties due to the publication, showing and/or broadcasting of his/her own works used to compete in the present Contest.
6.5 The participation to the Contest involves the participant’s exclusive and personal responsibility for any possible irregularity and/or the contents in his/her own films, as well as for any violation of rights of third parties following the publication, showing, broadcasting of his/her own work during the Contest and any further event of Fashion Film Festival Milano. Sofiamar S.r.l. and the Fashion Film Festival Milano organization reserve, at their sole discretion, the right to exclude from the Contest and to revoke any prize awarded to the works affected by any irregularity or violating the relevant regulations or rights of third parties, according to Italian laws.
6.6 Moreover, Sofiamar S.r.l. and the Fashion Film Festival Milano organization reserve the right to deny the admission to the selections of the Contest to the participants who, within the time limit established by Par. 5.4, do not grant the necessary licenses to the use of their own works.
6.7 The participant relieves, holds harmless and indemnyfies Sofiamar S.r.l. and the Fashion Film Festival Milano organization from and against any loss, damage, liability, expense and burden of any kind that could be borne due to the content of the aforesaid film and/or to the violation of what established by the present document. Under no circumstances, Sofiamar S.r.l. and the Fashion Film Festival Milano organization will be held responsible in favour of the holders of the rights for the default and/or non-fulfilment or partial fulfilment of what established by the present document.
6.8 The participant hereby irrevocably waives any claim and any action, request or reimbursement forwards Sofiamar S.r.l. and the Fashion Film Festival Milano organization, the organizers of the Contest, the members of the artistic committee and the appointed commission and any person in any capacity involved in the Contest, right now holding harmless the same for any liability about it.
INFORMATION TO DATA SUBJECT FOR ATTENDING
FASHION FILM FESTIVAL MILANO 2020
This information to data subject governs the processing of personal data by using the website available at https://fashionfilmfestivalmilano.com/, performed by Sofiamar S.r.l., with headquarters in Milano, Via Paleocapa 6, email [email protected] (hereinafter the “Data controller”), complying with the existing legislation on the protection of personal data, for the attendance of the 2020 Edition of Fashion Film Festival Milano.
1. Identity and contacts of the data controller
The Data controller is Sofiamar S.r.l.
As the Data controller is established in the Italian territory, no representative has been appointed.
2. Contact details of the data protection officer of the data protection
The Data controller has not appointed a data protection officer.
3. Modalities for the processing
3.1 Data provided for the data subject’s registration
The data voluntarily and freely provided by the participant through the Submission form will be acquired and processed in order to allow the data subject to rightly and fully attend the 2020 Edition of Fashion Film Festival Milano.
In particular, Data controller will process any personal data provided by the data subject with the Submission form, together with the Data subject’s email address, for the registration to the 2020 Edition of Fashion Film Festival Milano.
3.2 Data provided voluntarily by individuals
The data voluntarily and freely provided by the data subject, by sending unsolicited communications, could be used for the purposes indicated on a case-by-case basis.
In particular, in addition to the address (physical, email, telephone, fax) necessary to reply to the sender, any further data indicated in the same communication shall be processed. The data subject should not insert special categories of personal data (for example, data revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, as well as genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a natural person, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation) in the communications to be sent to the Data controller.
The data collected will be stored and processed exclusively for the conservation of the correspondence and will in no case be used for further purposes.
For any further information, please consult the Privacy of the website (“Information to data subject”).
4. Purpose of the processing and relative legal basis
4.1 The personal data provided by the data subject for the registration to the 2020 Edition of Fashion Film Festival Milano will be processed exclusively for pre-contractual and contractual purposes, including for the organization and the right and sure running of the cinematographic contest “Fashion Film Festival Milano 2020” according to the Terms and conditions of the Contest (for example: select the participants, contact and invite the winners to the Award Ceremony, communicate the assigned prizes). This data processing will be performed through traditional contact systems and automated communication systems, including email or SMS. In this case, the legal basis for processing of personal data is the data subject’s consent, given in compliance with this information to data subject, also by flagbox.
The personal data provided by the participants will be also processed in order to comply with legal obligations.
4.2 In relation to the data voluntarily provided by email, the processing of the personal data allows to answer to the requests of the data subjects. The legal basis of this processing is the legitimate interest of the Data controller to reply to the data subjects’ requests.
5. Modalities to express the consent
The consent to personal data processing for attending the 2020 Edition of Fashion Film Festival Milano (purposes as indicated at points 3.1 and 4.1 of this information to data subject) could be given through paper, computerized, telematic or automated tools and management software type CRM, as well as by electronic mail systems.
In any case, the Data controller reserves to require from the data subject the relative, free, consent to personal data processing before initiating a specific processing activity requiring the data subject’s consent.
6. Source of the personal data
Data controller processes only personal data provided by the data subject in compliance with this information to data subject and collected by the website, forms in both paper and electronic formats or by the email sent by the data subject. Data deriving from public sources will not be processed.
7. Recipients and categories of recipients of personal data
Recipients of the data subject’s personal data may be:
- Communication companies that carry out commercial communication and profiling activities on behalf of the Data controller and are responsible for the processing;
- The companies that offer services of an information society, including, in particular, those offering hosting services.
8. Categories of data
The data subject’s personal data will be processed. The personal data belonging to the special categories pursuant to the Article 9 of GDPR will not be processed.
9. Transfer of data
The Data controller may intend to transfer personal data to a third country or to an international organisation. Such subjects may be represented, for example, by:
- Communication companies that conduct communication activities on behalf of the Data controller;
- The companies that offer services of an information society, including, in particular, those offering hosting services;
- Suppliers of communication services.
The transfer of personal data to the aforementioned subjects, if based in a third country or international organization, is carried out according to a decision of suitability of the European Commission, which evaluates how the third country, the territory or one or more specific sectors in the third country or the international organization ensure an adequate level of protection of the data subject’s rights.
In order to obtain a copy of such data or the place where they have been made available a request may be sent to the following email address: [email protected]
10. Personal data retention period
The personal data processed and retained for the purposes indicated in this information to data subject are processed and stored as long as the data subject withdraws the previous consent, by sending a request for cancellation.
Where necessary, the Data controller reserves the right to require from the data subject the renewal the consent to the personal data processing and/or the verification of the consents already given.
11. Optional nature of the consent and consequences in case of lack of consent
In relation to the personal data given for attending the 2020 Edition to the contest of Fashion Film Festival Milano (purposes indicated at point 4.1 of this information to data subject) personal data are provided on the basis of contractual or legal obligations. The personal data are voluntarily provided by the data subject; however, if personal data are not provided, data subject can not attend the contest.
In relation to the data voluntarily provided by email, the personal data processing is not based on a contractual obligation, but on a legitimate interest of the Data controller in replying to the data subject; in case of the lack of this processing, it will be impossible to reply to data subject’s requests.
12. Rights of data subject
12.1 Right to object
The data subject has the right to:
- object to processing his or her personal data, at any time, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation, according to point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR, including profiling based on those provisions. The Data controller shall no longer process the personal data unless the Data controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- object to processing his or her personal data, at any time, for direct marketing, including profiling to an extent exceeding the direct marketing, if processed for such purposes.
In case of objection against the personal data processing for direct marketing purposes, personal data shall no longer be processed for such purposes.
If personal data are processed for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes, according to Article 89(1) of the GDPR, on grounds relating to his or her particular situation the data subject shall have the right to object to processing of personal data concerning him or her, except that the processing is necessary for reasons of public interest.
12.2 Other rights
The Data controller shall also inform the data subject about the existence of his or her following rights:
- Right of access by the data subject: the data subject shall have the right to obtain from the Data controller confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and other specific information, pursuant to article 15 of the GDPR;
- Right to rectification: the data subject shall have the right to obtain from the Data controller without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the data subject shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement, pursuant to article 16 of the GDPR;
- Right to erasure, including the right to withdraw the consent: the data subject shall have the right to obtain from the Data controller the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay and the Data controller shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay; the data subject shall have also the right to withdraw the consent, where the grounds set out in Article 17 of the GDPR apply; in that case, the right to withdraw the consent can be exercised in any time without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing performed before the withdrawal and based on the consent already given;
- Right to restriction of processing: the data subject shall have the right to obtain from the Data controller restriction of processing where the grounds set out in Article 18 of the GDPR apply;
- Right to data portability: the data subject shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to the Data controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to another data controller without hindrance from the Data controller to which the personal data have been provided under the conditions set out in Article 20 of the GDPR.
- Right to object to commercial communications: the data subject shall have the right to object, at any time, free of charge, to receiving commercial communications.
13. Exercise of the rights
The request to exercise the rights outlined in this information to data subject, including particularly the right to erase and the right to withdraw the given consent, must be addressed directly to the Data controller at the email address [email protected] Alternatively, such rights may be exercised by sending a letter to such effect by registered post with acknowledgement of receipt to Sofiamar S.r.l. at the address Via Paleocapa 6, 20121 Milano (MI);
14. Accessibility to information to data subject
The information to data subject is accessible at the following address https://fashionfilmfestivalmilano.com/privacy/ and at the Data controller’s headquarters at Via Paleocapa 6, 20121 Milan (MI).